Despite undergoing years of schooling and extensive training, healthcare professionals are still prone to human error and negligence. The consequences of medical malpractice are often catastrophic. Patients can suffer life-long injury, severe pain, and even death. To secure the just compensation you or your loved one deserves, turn to the Long Island medical malpractice lawyers at Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP. Our firm has represented the injured in Long Island for over 35 years!
Call (800) 572-7246 today to schedule a free initial consultation at our Woodbury office, located at 180 Froehlich Farm Boulevard, Woodbury, NY 11797. We serve clients in Long Island and throughout New York.
Over $1 Billion Recovered for the Injured Across Long Island
Victims of medical malpractice can face thousands of dollars worth of medical expenses and suffer life-long injuries due to the negligence of a medical professional. To secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries, you need to work with a law firm that has a proven track record of favorable results.
At Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP, our medical malpractice attorneys in Long Island have recovered millions of dollars for medical malpractice claims alone, including:
- $10 Million - Emergency Room Malpractice
- $10 Million - Misdiagnosis of Cancer
- $8 Million - Birth Injury Resulting in Cerebral Palsy
Negligence doctors and hospitals must be held accountable for the harm they cause. Let our award-winning team of experienced trial attorneys in Woodbury fight for you – from the beginning of your case to its resolution.
What is Considered Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice refers to the professional negligence of a healthcare provider, such as a doctor, nurse, or surgeon that leads to the harm, injury, or death of a patient. It occurs when the healthcare provider deviates from the accepted standard of care expected in their profession.
Common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis: When a healthcare provider fails to accurately diagnose a patient's condition or takes an excessive amount of time to do so, it can lead to a worsening of the condition or the inability to treat the condition at all.
- Surgical and anesthesia errors: Mistakes made during surgery can involve performing the wrong procedure, operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside the patient, or causing damage to organs or nerves. A surgical error can also include the failure to administer the right dosage of anesthesia.
- Medication errors: Pharmaceutical malpractice can involve administering the wrong medication, incorrect dosage, or prescribing drugs that can interact negatively with the patient's other medications or medical conditions.
- Birth injuries: When nurses or the attending physician is negligent during labor or delivery, the mother and infant can suffer serious injuries such as cerebral palsy, HIE, and brachial plexus injuries.
Medical malpractice is not limited to these few examples. If you are not sure if your case qualifies as medical negligence, contact Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP. Our Long Island medical malpractice lawyers can discuss your case during a free evaluation and inform you of your rights.
How to Prove Medical Malpractice in Long Island
To establish a medical malpractice claim, certain elements must be proven, such as the existence of a doctor-patient relationship, the healthcare provider's breach of the standard of care, causation (showing the negligence caused the injury), and the damages incurred by the patient as a result.
Medical malpractice cases can be complex and require expert testimony from medical professionals to determine whether negligence occurred. The Long Island medical malpractice attorneys at Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP work with a team of skilled investigators and medical experts in order to build a solid case. Our track record in the area of medical malpractice speaks for itself!
Let Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP fight for the justice you deserve after being harmed by medical negligence. Call us today at (800) 572-7246 to schedule a free consultation.
“I would highly recommend them due to the fact that during a difficult time, they made the process very straightforward with excellent results.” - Ciara L.
“I had them for a case that was very difficult this firm was the best very caring and concerned I was treated like family.” - Robbie J.
“Thanks to Jeff and SSKB Law we had a successful outcome and I know that wouldn’t have been possible with anyone else. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone who needs representation.” - Chrissy B.