New York Defective Product Lawyers
Understanding Product Liability Law
Every year, dangerous and defective products injure and kill countless people. These very products are often the ones meant to make our lives easier, safer, and more convenient. When they do just the opposite, you have the right to take legal action.
Since 1985, Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP has stood up for the rights of injured individuals and families throughout New York. Our product liability lawyers fight to hold liable manufacturers, distributors, and other entities responsible when the products they create and sell lead to devastating injuries, deaths, and widespread harm.
If you or someone you love was harmed by a defective product, call our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation: (800) 572-7246.
What Makes a Product “Defective?”
In the simplest terms, a product is considered defective if it poses an unreasonable risk of injury or fails to work properly, leading to injury or death.
There are three main types of product defects:
- Design Defects: A design defect refers to an issue with the actual design of the product, making it unreasonably unsafe for normal use. Design defects affect entire product lines, rather than individual units.
- Manufacturing Defects: A manufacturing defect occurs when a flaw is introduced during the creation or production phase. These types of defects only affect certain units, rather than entire product lines.
- Marketing Defects: Marketing defects, also known as labeling defects, refer to the improper marketing of a product (including for off-label or untested use), as well as missing warnings, safety instructions, and other labels.
Not all dangerous products are defective. For example, a power tool could potentially cause injury if it is used incorrectly. However, it is only defective if it contains some flaw that makes it unreasonably dangerous for the user. If it was missing a safety guard or warning label, the power tool may be considered defective.
Examples of Defective Products
Some of the most common examples of defective products include:
- Automobiles and auto parts, such as top-heavy SUVs, defective tires, improperly installed seatbelts or airbags, and faulty braking systems, accelerators, and engine components
- Medications and medical devices, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, hip and knee replacements, surgical instruments, and vaginal and hernia mesh
- Personal care items, including baby powder and other talcum powder products contaminated by trace amounts of asbestos
- Children’s products, such as defective car seats, cribs, strollers, highchairs, bottles, clothing, blankets, and toys containing choking hazards
- Household appliances, including gas- and electric-powered stoves, ovens, water heaters, clothing dryers, washing machines, and heating and air conditioning units
- Chemicals, cleaners, dyes, solvents, and other similar substances, including commercial and professional-grade herbicides and pesticides
- Electronics, including personal electronic equipment like laptop computers and cellphones, as well as chargers, batteries, and e-cigarettes
If you were injured or if your loved one was killed by any type of defective product, Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP can help. Our New York defective product lawyers know how to hold manufacturers and companies accountable when they prioritize profits over public safety, and we have a proven track record of success, having secured more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
How a Defective Product Lawyer Can Help
Product liability claims are some of the most challenging personal injury cases. These claims often involve intricate, complex injuries and powerful defendants with extensive resources at their disposal. You need an equally powerful team by your side, one that can protect your rights and fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed.
When you trust Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP with your recovery, you get a team of knowledgeable, trial-tested attorneys, all of whom are ready to advocate tirelessly for you. We have built our firm on a foundation of trust, integrity, and communication; we take great pride in serving as a source of information, advice, and guidance for our clients. Our attorneys are honest, hardworking people who represent honest, hardworking New Yorkers—and we have what it takes to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. If necessary, we are fully prepared to represent you at trial.
We invite you to reach out to our team today to learn more about how we can help you get back on your feet after a serious accident or injury caused by a defective product. Whether you have a personal injury lawsuit, grounds for a mass tort action, or wish to participate in a class action, we are here to ensure your rights are protected every step of the way.
Call (800) 572-7246 or submit an online contact form to request a free consultation today. Hablamos español.
“I would highly recommend them due to the fact that during a difficult time, they made the process very straightforward with excellent results.” - Ciara L.
“I had them for a case that was very difficult this firm was the best very caring and concerned I was treated like family.” - Robbie J.
“Thanks to Jeff and SSKB Law we had a successful outcome and I know that wouldn’t have been possible with anyone else. I would highly recommend this law firm to anyone who needs representation.” - Chrissy B.