Negligent Supervision at School/Daycare
You shouldn’t have to fear for your child’s well-being when you drop them off at school or daycare. These institutions have a responsibility to protect the health and safety of every child who attends. Unfortunately, not all establishments who work with children meet these crucial standards and negligence is even more concerning when it comes to the welfare of a child.
At the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, our aggressive team of daycare and school injury attorneys are up for the challenge of standing up for your child’s right to a safe environment to learn in and grow. We hold these institutions highly accountable for lapses in security and policies meant to protect your children. By guiding your family through every step of the legal process, our team will help you seek justice for your child’s unnecessary injuries.
Protecting New York City And Long Island Children
Our attorneys are compassionate and genuine towards our clients and families, but relentless towards negligent parties who cause harm to children. If your child has been hurt at school or daycare due to one of the following instances, you may be eligible for a claim:
- improper supervision of babies and children
- neglecting to provide appropriate staffing ratio
- failure to step in to prevent bullying or dangerous behaviors
- unsupervised sporting activities and gym classes
- failing to protect children from abuse (physical, verbal, sexual, psychological)
In some of the most horrific cases of negligence, children are not of the ages to stand up for themselves or tell anyone when they have been hurt, allowing the behaviors to go on for longer periods of time before discovered. We understand that child negligence cases are sensitive and traumatizing for families. Our team will do everything in our power to hold all parties accountable for their actions and allow your family the peace they deserve to heal from all damages suffered during this time.
Injuries To Your Children Are Unacceptable
Injuries children can sustain from a lack of proper supervision and care at daycare centers and schools can range from minor to catastrophic. Some of the most common accidents children can sustain injuries from include:
- School Bus Accidents: School bus drivers have an obligation to keep children safe by using safe driving behaviors at all times. Drivers who are not paying attention to the road, texting, and driving, under the influence, or unable to control the passengers on the bus put children at high risk of injuries.
- Allergic Reactions: Children who have severe food allergies, and who are not adequately supervised, could ingest harmful foods and experience horrifying allergic reactions requiring immediate medical attention.
- Sports Injuries: Coaches and teachers who supervise sporting events and classes have a responsibility to be present whenever students are participating in physical activities, practices, and training. Lack of supervision can result in broken bones, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, and other preventable injuries.
- Electrocution and Electrical Injuries: Young children unsupervised around electrical cords and outlets can easily be shocked and injured if not properly watched.
- Choking Injuries: Nearly fatal or fatal choking accidents can happen quickly. Young children can place small items in their mouths and begin to choke before anyone notices the incident has occurred if no one is appropriately supervising.
- Window Falls: When premises owners neglect to maintain their windows or install proper guards, children can be seriously injured.
- Abuse Injuries: Unsupervised children of all ages can be victims of physical, sexual, emotional, or psychological abuse. These acts can be carried out by other students or adults and are most common when there is a lack of supervision at an institution.
We Will Seek Justice For Your Family
If your child has been injured through the fault of their daycare provider or school, don’t wait to seek legal representation. Seeking an attorney immediately after you become aware of the injury can increase your chances for securing fair and deserved financial support for the pain and suffering your child and family has endured.
Allow our determined attorneys the honor of standing up for your child’s rights after an injury. Contact the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro today for a free consultation to review your case and explore your options for seeking justice.