Construction Site Accidents
Construction is one of the most dangerous occupations in New York and nationwide. Working at elevated heights, with dangerous machines, and hazardous chemicals: these jobs pose an increased risk for work injuries even when using proper safety precautions.
Negligence on construction sites puts workers at risk for catastrophic and traumatic injuries, ones that could alter their lives forever and result in costly medical bills and wage losses. At the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP, we have been standing up for the unique rights of New York construction workers for over 30 years, seeking justice for unnecessary work injuries and securing deserving rewards for employees and their families.
We Fight Back Against Negligence
New York has strict laws regarding construction sites and the safety precautions required to help keep workers safe. Employers who neglect to properly train employees on safety or provide reliable equipment and tools put workers at unnecessary risk of injuries with permanent consequences, such as brain damage, loss of limbs, and paralysis.
The most common preventable construction accidents leading to injuries include:
- Scaffolding Accidents: Scaffolding is all over New York all the time. These structures are not always constructed safely or well maintained. Workers can sustain permanent injuries from falling off or through shoddy scaffolding or being struck by unsecured debris falling off these structures.
- Ladder Falls: When worksites do not provide safe climbing structures or even surfaces to secure them, workers can fall and sustain disabling injuries. Faulty ladders are common culprits for fall injuries and are often inappropriately used on the job.
- Crane Accidents: Cranes can be extremely dangerous pieces of construction equipment, particularly in a busy city such as NYC. These massive tools must be set up and well maintained to be operated safely, or they can lead to catastrophic accidents when dropping cargo or tipping over.
- Forklift Accidents: Forklifts cause almost 100 deaths every year. These vehicles can easily overturn when not appropriately used or drop extremely heavy items that can cause horrendous injuries as a result.
- Trench and Excavation Accidents: Trenches and excavation sites can cause fatal falls when not well marked to warn workers to stay clear. Cave-ins and collapses are the most significant hazards for workers in these conditions and improperly implemented safety measures can put them at serious risk.
- Hazardous Chemicals: Some worksites use hazardous chemicals that are extremely dangerous to workers if they are not adequately trained for use and disposal. Burns, respiratory complications, and other skin conditions are common injuries from these types of accidents.
It takes time and proper site investigation to successfully prove liability for construction accidents. We are familiar with the most common causes of construction injuries and the safety lapses that often cause them to occur. Our team takes the time necessary to properly gather all evidence required from the site of your accident to prove which construction laws were not upheld in protecting your rights to safety on the job.
Don’t Rely On Workers’ Comp
Workers’ compensation is undoubtedly available to construction workers, but these funds typically only cover the short-term and immediate expenses of your injuries, not the long-term recoveries required to optimize your health. Contacting an expert construction accident attorney to help you seek fair compensation for your injury can help relieve financial burdens such as:
- Ongoing medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Loss of wages from missed work
- Psychological distress
- Long-term care treatments
New York labor laws provide construction workers with protection against unnecessary worksite accidents and injuries. If you’ve sustained a traumatic construction injury, our knowledgeable attorneys will use these laws to your advantage by seeking compensation for all damages and holding employers accountable for safety violations that led to your accident.
Let Us Represent Your Work Rights
Let our professional construction accident attorneys aggressively represent your best interests against negligent parties and provide you with the support you deserve in helping you to recover from your unnecessary injuries. Contact the law firm of Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro today for a free consultation to review your case and explore your options in seeking compensation for your injuries.