The Associate Attorney contributes to the success of the firm by maximizing the value of personal injury / medical malpractice cases and providing superior client service. Additionally, the Associate will contribute to the overall reputation of the firm by the achievement of positive results and maintaining a high level of integrity and enthusiasm. Armed with a competent support staff, the Associate ensures efficient case flow and successful outcomes. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a legal team with the objective of providing superior client service, ensuring efficient case flow and maximizing the value of all cases;
- Working with experts and Partners to evaluate the merits of a potential case and develop case theories;
- Conducting and defending depositions of plaintiffs, defendants, non-party witnesses and other third parties;
- Drafting and/or reviewing pleadings, motions, discovery responses, expert exchanges and other correspondence;
- Preparing and participating in Trials;
- Developing a personal brand and reputation which results in repeat business and expansion of your network of case referral sources; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned and/or required.
The ideal candidate will be an optimistic, self-starting individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. Additionally, a minimum of two years of previous experience practicing personal injury and/or medical malpractice law is required. Strong research, writing and analytical skills, as well as a commitment to exceptional client service are a must.
Candidates must be admitted to practice law in New York State and in good standing. Candidates admitted to the NYS federal courts are preferred. This is an excellent long term career opportunity for the right individual who is eager to develop legal expertise, while taking on significant responsibility in all aspects of cases and client relations.
Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest to email@example.com. Be sure to put your name and “Associate Attorney” in the subject header.
Click here to return to the Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro Careers page.
Salenger, Sack, Kimmel & Bavaro, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or handicap, marital and partnership status, arrest or criminal conviction record, status as a victim of domestic violence, genetic information (including predisposing genetic characteristics), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.